Monday 22 November 2010

Digipak Continued

I will still be going with the same theme for my digipak cover that I posted in my previous digipak cover idea post. I have decided to go with the idea that I anotated on the picture, of having a picture of the girl in my video's face, with the left side crying with smudged make up and the right side perfectly made up smiling.

I will be using two pieces of software to make my digipak, Serif Page Plus and PhotoScape. I will be using PhotoScape to edit my photos and Serif to actually assemble my digipak.

As I will need 4 panels for my digipak (the front and back cover and inside right and left panels) I have made plans for both of the inside panels of my digipak and the back cover. After measuring some digipaks that I own myself, I have found that each panel will need to be roughly 14cmx12.5cm in order to be the right size for a digipak.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

My idea for the track list on the back cover is that the song names will cascade vertically on alternate sides of the line, looking like a vine. On the left side will be the 'heartbreak' songs (the sad songs) and the right will be the 'beautiful' songs (happy, more upbeat songs). I feel like this is an interesting idea that I have yet to see anywhere else during research and think it ties in with my theme really well, helping to create a brand identity.

Seeing as my music video will consist of the colours green, white and black, I have decided to use these as my house colours and therefore all images or fonts will consist of these colours, apart from the image on the front cover which will be a close up of Katie.

I have chosen to use the font 'Papyrus' for the word 'Heartbreak' on my front cover, as it has a shakey, broken look to it that I feel fits with the theme.

Photobucket

I will be using 'French Script MT' for the word 'Beautiful' as it has an elegant, pretty and classy look that I, again, feel fits with the theme.

Photobucket

I am using two fonts to show the two sides of a situation, like I have done in my music video.

I will also be using the font 'Verdana' for the band name because it is bold and stands out. It also has a simplistic clean look which is what I am going for with the album and magazine advert.

Photobucket

I will update with any changes to my plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment