Saturday 6 November 2010

Filming Diary Day 1

Today was my first day of filming and I was lucky enough to shoot everything I had planned in my shooting schedule and an added scene. However I underwent some problems in filming such as:

Lighting issues

I originally planned to film the university acceptance/rejection scene in the living room, however the lighting was poor and would have made the film grainy and so I decided to move this scene to the dining room as it has patio doors which allowed for more natural light.

Angle/framing issues

This also made me have to change the angles of shots, such as originally there would have been a shot of the character walking down the stairs filmed from the bottom of the stairs but this had to be changed due to the 180 degree rule. I also had to change what room I did the 'Facebook in a relationship/single' situation as my desk didn't have enough room to frame the shot, so instead I used my parents' office.
Time taken to complete scenes

The time I allowed on my shooting schedule to film was not long enough to set up and film each scene and therefore I ran over into other filming time slots. Therefore, I will have to amend the timing of future shoots (possibly filming earlier than I had planned), especially if I have a limited amount of time to film in.
Added scene

During filming I had an idea for a scene where Katie would be sitting in the living room waiting for a friend to pick her up to go out. In her expectations, the friend turns up and they leave the house to go out however in reality she gets a very blunt text from the friend saying she can't go out anymore at the last minute. We decided to film this with me playing myself as Katie's friend, using the tripod to film. The scene worked really well and I am thinking of adding this as the last situation used in the music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment