Sunday 28 November 2010

Filming Diary Day 7

After showing my teacher what I had filmed so far it was thought that I may need more shots of my character lip syncing, therefore I decided to have an extra day of filming in the field to get some more of these shots. I decided to take shots of Katie lip syncing the same place from multiple different angles - a long shot, a medium long shot, a close up, and then a medium close up from her right and one from her left whilst she was still lip syncing facing forward to give the illusion of multiple cameras. I also took some footage of some filler shots, such as her looking up at the camera and smiling or looking up at the camera and shaking her head. I also re-filmed the opening shot of her walking towards the camera whilst zooming out, in order for her to lip sync during that shot.

Issues faced during filming

As it is winter and we had originally filmed a couple of weeks ago, most of the trees had started to lose their leaves now and houses were visible behind them, which didn't look very professional. However this was only an issue in the re-filming of the opening shot, which isn't essential to be used and I could just use the original if it doesn't look good when it comes to editing.

There was also an issue of lighting, which could be a problem with continuity as the lighting went from very sunny to overcast. However if this is an issue I can always make the shots more contrasted during editing to give the illusion of sun.

I had planned on doing some more filler shots of Katie walking through the trees and a low angle of her lip syncing, however it was extremely cold (around -1°C) and after filming for an hour the cold became unbearable and we were unable to film anymore. Especially seeing as Katie was wearing a strapless dress, sheer tights and dolly shoes, I think we did well to last an hour. Luckily, these shots were not essential and just extra footage just in case so it wasn't essential that is be filmed.

--

Other than those weather issues everything else went to plan. Hopefully I won't need to film anything else now and can concentrate on editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment